20 Feb 8 Ways You Can Enjoy Nambiti
Nambiti is a private game reserve located in the heart of South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal province. The reserve covers an area of approximately 10,000 hectares and is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino).
The reserve is located in a malaria-free area, making it a popular destination for families with children. The area boasts a variety of landscapes, including grasslands, woodlands and rocky outcrops, which provide habitats for a diverse range of flora and fauna.
Visitors to Nambiti can enjoy game drives, guided walks, birdwatching and other outdoor activities. Accommodation options on the reserve include luxury lodges, tented camps and family-friendly lodges.
Nambiti is also dedicated to conservation and community outreach. The reserve supports anti-poaching initiatives and community projects aimed at improving the livelihoods of local residents.
Here are some of the things to do at Nambiti:
- Game drives: Enjoy game drives in open vehicles led by experienced guides. This is the best way to see the Big Five and other wildlife species that call the reserve home.
- Guided walks: Take a guided walk with a knowledgeable guide to learn about the reserve’s ecosystem and the different species that inhabit it.
- Birdwatching: Nambiti is a birdwatcher’s paradise, with over 300 species of birds found on the reserve.
- Spa treatments: Relax and unwind with a spa treatment in the serene surroundings of the reserve.
- Star gazing: The reserve is located in a low light pollution area, making it the perfect place to stargaze and appreciate the beauty of the night sky.
- Wildlife photography: Capture the beauty of the reserve’s wildlife with a photography tour led by a professional photographer.
- Volunteer work: Get involved in the reserve’s conservation efforts and community outreach programs by volunteering your time and skills.
- Family activities: Nambiti is a family-friendly destination, with a range of activities for all ages, including nature walks, picnics and bushcraft workshops.
Overall, Nambiti is a unique and beautiful destination that offers visitors the opportunity to experience the African wilderness and contribute to conservation efforts. With a wide range of activities to choose from, there’s something for everyone at this stunning game reserve.