11 Jun ‘Ello, Aloes!
Posted at 14:37h in Blog
- The aloe plant is mentioned as a medicine in the Papyrus Ebers, one of the oldest preserved medical documents (dated back to about 1500 BC).
- Aloes are also mentioned in the New Testament (John 19).
- Ancient Egyptians used aloes as one of the ingredients in embalming fluid.
- African people have used aloe extracts cosmetically as a hair bleach or skin lightener for centuries.
- Used as a laxative
- External application for wounds and burns
- Used for the treatment of diabetes and hyperlipidaemia
- Used as an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial preparation.